Neuropsychological assessment involves a variety of measures designed to provide diagnostic clarification, which leads to effective treatment planning. Tests range from simple tasks, such as manipulating blocks to more complex tasks, such as answering questions amid distraction. Testing is different for each person and we custom-build each testing battery to suit the needs of each individual. Neuropsychological assessment allows for greater understanding of brain-behavior relationships and provides information as to how an individual’s daily functioning has been impacted by neurological and/or psychological impairments. Testing identifies not only areas in need of improvement, but areas of strength, as understanding strengths is essential for increasing wellness.
Testing Identifies Not Only Areas of Weakness, but Areas of Strength
We are equipped to assess, diagnose, and treat many challenges our patients face including:
- Depression / Anxiety
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Adult learning disabilities, including dyslexia
- Developmental disorders in adults such as Autism, Asperger’s, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, and other neurodevelopmental disabilities
- Assessment and advocacy for college students exhibiting academic struggles
- Assessments for older adults are also available, including assessment for dementia, memory loss, loss of motor coordination, and/or speech issues
At our practice, each person is unique. We therefore provide a customized approach to testing which identifies the underlying issues affecting an individual functioning. After assessment is completed, we provide specific and pragmatic recommendations that target an individual’s needs. We also provide referrals to other professionals for additional interventions, as needed.
Individual Therapy Services
Our clinicians are equipped to treat a variety of concerns including: Anxiety,OCD, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Adjustment Problems, Adult Autism/Asperger’s, Developmental Disorders, and a variety of other concerns. Our therapeutic approach is evidence-based, and scientifically supported. Our clinicians take a solution-oriented approach that focuses on the functional needs of our patients. The needs of one patient are different than another, and just like our assessments, we customize therapeutic interventions to meet the individual needs of our patients.
Relationship problems are common. However, some couples simply cannot find a way to avoid disagreements, arguments, or daily fights. A variety of stressors can increase a couple’s likeliness of divorce, separation, or a lack of communication. If you and your partner are experiencing incessant arguments, lack of intimacy, communication fallouts, and/or feelings of resentment that cause distress, then you may benefit from couples therapy. Couples therapy can increase communication, intimacy, and trust in the relationship.
Autism, Asperger’s, and Pervasive Developmental Disorders
Our practice has expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of adults with Autism, Asperger’s, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder. These disorders present multiple challenges in the daily lives of afflicted adults ranging from difficulties understanding social cues to a complete lack of speech. Our practice can provide diagnostic clarification, advocacy, and treatment for behavioral, social, and emotional needs for adults with these neurodevelopmental disorders.
Consultation and Presentations
We believe in going the extra distance for all of our patients; accordingly we take a case management approach in our practice. We consult with other professionals involved in your care to provide a synergistic approach to treatment outcomes and believe that this is a particular strength of our practice. We provide specific solutions that will lead to our patients achieving greater success in their lives. Many adults come to us with new or old problems they have faced throughout their lives. We provide comprehensive case consultation with other professionals on your behalf.
Our skilled clinicians are also available for in-service training sessions and educational presentations.
What We Offer
- We evaluate and treat: neurodevelopmental, neurocognitive, behavioral, social, and emotional issues, including inattention, impulsivity, memory, depression, anxiety, behavior, brain dysfunction/disease/injury, interpersonal difficulties and employment/academic performance difficulties.
- Neuropsychological and psychological assessments are available.
- Professional consultation and advocacy is our strength.
- If you have suffered a brain injury or other brain-related disorders, we can assess your daily functioning and provide answers.
- We provide solution-oriented individual and couples/family treatment. Group therapy is also available.
- A master’s or doctoral level professional administers all psychological and neuropsychological tests.
- Most insurance plans accepted.
- Evening and weekend appointment times are available.